Individual or Small Group (of up to 8 participants)
Flexibility in planning either once weekly meetings, or intensive daily seminars for a specific time frame.
Personally tailored courses to meet your professional needs and interests and subject content for your specific working field.
After every lesson you will receive a vocabulary list and quiz to help you master the relevant terms and phrases used in your professional life.
Current, relevant articles from leading newspapers and journals, such as “The New York Times,” “The Wall Street Journal,” and “The Economist,” will be provided as well as translations of the key terms and vocabulary. Library materials, such as business books, popular fiction, articles from leading business newspapers, dvds and audio books are also available.
General Lesson Outline
- First 15 – 20 minutes – small talk, you tell me about yourself, your job, what you do in your free time, etc...
- Go over homework
- Practice vocabulary
- Read an article or work from a course book
- You give me your opinion, when you lack a word in English, tell me the German word and I’ll provide you with the English equivalent
- You tell me what topics you think are the most interesting, and I’ll find related articles
- After every lesson you will receive an e-mail listing the vocabulary words in English and German
- Quiz to practice using this vocabulary
- In Addition (zusätzlich):
- Provide you with supplementary materials where you can work on your own - depends on how much time you have
- Read Business Spotlight - a general business magazine at different levels
- Loan of Audio Books – if you travel by car for longer distances
- You choose the topics
- General conversation
- Business conversation
- Specific work related topics
Intensity of lessons depends on you. You, the client, determine the training level – more easy going (locker) or more intensive
At the initial meeting there will be an evaluation of the current level of the students. Based on this evaluation, a personally tailored course will be developed, taking into consideration the interests and needs of the individuals. However, this course content is flexible and will be adapted as the student(s) progress(es).